Saturday, November 17, 2012

Season Opener for UWG Basketball 2012

I have not seen a UWG basketball game in quite some time. It had to be at least two years since the last time I watched a UWG basketball game. Fortunately, I was not scheduled to work this Friday, so  I decided to come out and show my support. Morehouse University versus North Alabama were playing when I first arrived at the Coliseum. They looked pretty good too. Watching them play had me excited to see what UWG had to offer. I have a couple of basketball players in my classes from Australia and I really was anxious to see what they were bringing to the table. I wish there was more support for the basketball program here but I guess since it was so close to the weekend a lot of students went home for the weekend. I don't know, or it could've been because of the cold weather.It was freezing. I remember we used to come to the basketball games deep back in the day when basketball games were played in the H.P.E gym. From the first tip of the ball until the time I had to leave, the game was very fast paced. There was plenty change of possessions throughout the first half of play. It was the first game of the season however,so I couldn't expect too much. West Georgia played well together though. I had to leave after the first half to finish up an assignment but West Georgia had the lead by a couple of points. The next day I got the news that West Georgia lost the game in a tight one 63-66. I look forward to checking out more games in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment